July 1, 2010

Commuter Challenge 2010

Hello all Biker Bunnies :)

This is a quick little update post with an incentive for you all...
A little while back I got this email from Bicycle NSW with a link to register for the 2010 Commuter Challenge... I thought it could be a fun thing to try - and so I registered, received my e-logbook and started filling in rides...
Once I'd clocked up the 500km I emailed my handy-dandy logbook back to the organisers and thought that would be it until maybe they'd let us know at the end of the year how many people had completed the challenge...

I hadn't read the fine print so the rewards at the end came as a complete surprise to me: First a certificate arrived in the mail, well that was pretty exciting I thought and sent off an email telling the organisers so. Then a week later, a GOLD medal arrived in the post! Being my first gold medal ever, I must admit I was pretty chuffed :)



So... you all have plenty of time to jump on board - the challenge goes until December this year, and if you break it into weeks - 500km isn't all that much (you'll be surprised!) Over 20 weeks you'd only need to do 25km per week. Right, enough of me being pushy - but I will pop the link here for anyone who'd like to register, and if anyone wants to see the gold medal, I'll be wearing it every day from now on :D

2010 Bicycle Commuter Challenge link

Bunny Amanda and I have been on a few adventure rides, where our latest one took us down to Ettalong (extending our Gossie to WoyWoy return ride). It was a lovely ride with coffee at Gnostic on the way back and loads of laughs along the way. Time has been cramped of late so no ride update here on that one as yet I'm afraid.

Over the next few weeks I hope to post some ride updates from the northern hemisphere, as this bunny is going travelling...

Do stay safe and well all, and happy riding!

Annette :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I missed this post - probably too busy getting things ready for our holiday. Anyway, that was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your leisure :)