July 10, 2010

Gossie to The Woy with Matt

Well, this started at rather a fast pace with Matt steaming ahead and me thinking had I done the right thing. Matt can only do everything at one pace and that is FAST!!!!! We made it to Woy Woy for coffee in a smashing 35 minutes and I, with no breath, panting and near to death had a double shot coffee. The ride out was uneventful as we were going so bloody fast and I did race Matt a bit of the way, I must admit.





The bike ride back was an extremely eventful event with swearing and a near death experience for my poor husband. Firstly, little ole me was actually on the footpath cycling when some idiot shouted 'BIKE WANKERS' - mmmm how pleasant. When I told Jake this he laughed and said it could be an INBETWEENERS take off i.e. BUS WANKERS.

Then, when Matt and I were doing a little 'see who can cruise the furthest down the hill' by Point Clare something rather dramatic and scary happened. Matt nearly had a head on collision with another cyclist. The idiot came out of the train station and without looking cycled straight into the path of Matt speeding down the hill. Quick thinking Matt slammed on his brakes and skidded in the gravel narrowly missing the idiot who didn't even flinch, look up or say sorry. So I shouted out 'Bloody Idiot' and he just cylced off in his own world. So not only do we have to look out for mad car drivers, selfish pedestrians but now mad cyclists.

Anyway, time to sign off, Annette I hope you are continuing your cycling and ready to tackle a biggun on your return. Miss your company - see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. It sounded hair-raising, to say the least. Happy to know that you both made it safely home. . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your leisure :)