September 3, 2009

Terrigal to The Entrance

A fine and sunny Wednesday morning with a delightful bunny-ride looming (mapped out by our rising hell-bunny Amanda), we met up near Duffy's oval to embark on yet another adventure-ride along the Central Coast roads.

The Ride
2nd September 2009

Biker bunnies on board: Amanda, Noey and Annette
Meeting place: Duffy's Oval - Terrigal
Meeting time: 9:15am
Attire: Flashy red Biker Bunny t-shirts

Photos from the start + our riding map:

Noey at the starting point

Amanda ready to go :)

The map...



And here's Amanda's delightful account of our riding efforts: 

Hurrah hurrah – bike ride morning!!!!! I must say I am officially hooked – hills or no hills – I luuuurve bike riding. The big fat gorilla arse and the bike between my legs waiting patiently for me to start pedaling – what could be better? Alright I know there is a list longer than my arm but I don’t want to know it….

Today we were being joined by our little bunny Noey and what joy she bought to the ride AND we bumped into our other little bunny Tori and Lodie on their way to play group – what a cute little start to the morning.

Our ride was jolly nice but there were still killer hills – we cycled from Duffy’s Oval at Terrigal, down Terrigal Drive onto Ocean View Drive and I managed to get a little further up the hill but realized too late that I was in 3:2 gear so there was no way I would get to the top anyway. Annette made it all the way to the top this time and Noey stopped where I did last week. So big improvement was had by all.

Then we cycled up the Central Coast Highway to Long Jetty, along the bike path to the Entrance Bridge and back. Nothing major to report, no weird coffins, Lilliputians or any other strange occurrences except maybe seeing some dude have a bottle of beer by the lake at 10.30 – wished it was me and cycled on begrudgingly.

Please note that bike riding in bike shorts gives you a strange knee tan so be prepared to wear some strange outfits in the summer to accommodate this – I am even thinking of wearing my bikini so I get an all over tan next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How gross would that be – strange pile up reported on the Central Coast Highway today – extraordinary – oh my god – it cannot be – yes it is – it is a mad woman in a bikini looking like a well I don’t want to say…

Coffee once again at the iBar where Noelle touched herself up for the camera – too sexy by far for that t shirt.

Next ride will be longer and will have more hills but I did enjoy myself and found that even though my knees ache my bum doesn’t

See you next time little bunnies
Amanda :) 

The Stats
Distance covered: 32.5km
Active riding time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Calories burnt: 986

Netti-bunny observations:
  • Creative ways to deal with the 'knee-tan' issue, quickly escalated beyond bikini to include fake bum & boobs... (fancy dress outfits can be reused you know). The picture of Amanda and Noelle riding their bikes with these poignant accessories almost had me in stitches falling off my own bike!
  • Noey's dislike of roundabouts was definitely made worse by me calling out to her to "Take up the whole roundabout!!!!" not very helpful when the vehicle pushing in from behind is a big truck! She persevered though, and managed to get through each one with more confidence :)
  • 3 bunnies riding in a line performing hand-signals in unison (turn left, turn right, hand in the air to signal "I'm STOPPING" (doesn't always work, but worth a try ;) ) is a MUST see! Especially when all three are wearing bright red bunny-t-shirts... Synchronised swimming on bikes is on my mind as I laugh my way around the corners :)
  • Noey and I swapped bikes for a while on the way back and when we swapped back again we needed to stop to re-adjust the seats... As we came to a halt on the side of The Entrance road (slightly sudden stop & without too much checking behind...) a flashing road-race biker ZOOOOOOOMED past us, he must have been doing close to 90km an hour (maybe not quite...), because his "tail-wind" nearly knocked us over! Luckily it was just the tail-wind we connected with & we could continue our merry way without a road-racer plastered to our bikes :)
  • We arrived safely back at the oval (after our coffee break at the iBar) for the photo-shoot of the century! 2 guys who were doing some kind of 'personal training' regime stopped and stared at us (in disbelief possibly - or maybe in awe and admiration...) as we posed, giggled, pulled faces and carried on as if we'd just made it into the Guiness Book of Records! Well we just had hadn't we???!!! :)
Thanks for all the laughs - and yes... 
Let's do it soon again bunnies! :)
Annette :)


More Photos from our ride and coffee break

Noey and Amanda on Ocean View road

Reached the half-way mark!!

A water bottle re-fill success :)

The compulsory 'group photo'

Annette sitting on the road...

Amanda lapping up sun and coffee

Noey just about to...

... show how sexy Bunny t-shirts really are :)

Amanda crosses the finish line!

... and here comes Noelle!

Let's pull faces :)

Whooohooooo! Guiness book of records!

2 happy bunnies :)

2 comments:

  1. That was very admirable! You all must have been exhausted. . . . The idea of synchronised swimming/biking is extremely interesting; you may even get to perform at the next Olympic Games. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be a hoot! Imagine: "And last on our list of performers in the synchronised swimming.... *cough* are... The Biker Bunnies... *cough* It looks like they've brought bikes to the pool, this WILL be interesting... And, they're off! Cycling around the pool, signalling in unison - perfect delivery... Oh dear! One of them just landed in the pool, not sure if that was part of the program? Nope mustn't have been, the others are screaming and waving, waving in my direction - better go and see..." and so on :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your leisure :)