September 14, 2009

34 km ride to Umina

 Here's a Monday bunny ride penned by bunny Noelle - enjoy :)

Amanda and I (Noelle) went on a 34km bike ride today from Gosford swimming pool to Umina beach the dog end. The one word that describes this ride is WINDY, verrrrry windy. Surprisingly, I started out quite fresh, full of optimism and I was looking forward to this ride. So off we go. All is well except it looks like it’s going to bucket down any minute. The thought of turning back never crosses our minds. When we hit the Brisbane Waters bit, it is so windy that we feel as though we are almost at a standstill, even though we are pedalling hard. To make matters worse, the wind is coming at us sideways. So anyway, riding, riding, windy, windy, you get the idea. Finally, after looking at each other many times and saying "man" we reach Woy Woy and Amanda looks at me and says "shall we ride onto Umina", I say without a moments hesitation "lets do it".

Off we go again around the water bit. The wind get windier if that’s possible and it gets cold too and whips us around the ears a fair bit. I’m getting a wee bit tired at this point but I’m determined to get to our destination. We arrive at the dog end and rest up for 5 mins and then head back to Woy Woy. Five workmen eye us off. God knows why, as we do not kid ourselves into thinking we are 20 something babes. In fact, my shorts are too tight so my fat is rolling over the top of them and my shorts are too short so I’m sure they are copping a fair wack of cellulite on the back of my thighs. Maybe they were captivated by the site of Amanda’s hell bunny legs??? I’ll leave it up to your imagination.

So we're 3/4 of the way back and we start getting very hungry and we’re thinking about food and coffee yummmmmm. I might just add a little breakfast tip here. Eat eggs on toast for breakfast and you do not get hungry. Needless to say, I did not have eggs for breakfast this morning. Note to self. Eat eggs for breakfast. We finish the ride thank God because my enthusiasm is waning fast. With renewed enthusiasm we arrange to meet at the café at East Gosford (my fav bit of the ride). We decide we must eat so we both order coffee and croissants. Little piggy me wolfs it down whilst little birdie (Amanda) eats it a little more delicately. I have a strange yea but no Little Britain moment and we share our first laugh of the day. Now I am content and well pleased at having done the ride even though my arse is sore. Nothing terribly exciting or hilarious happened but it was well worth the effort. :)

Noelle :)

1 comment:

  1. You were both fantastic and worth a couple of medals; pushing on, when everything - wind and weather - seems to be doing its best to stop you, is really very commendable. And I am quite sure that the bit about rolls of fat and cellulite could have been omitted, as you both most probably made a very attractive picture (and the workmen would have agreed!).

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your leisure :)