March 17, 2010

Amanda and Black Beauty

It was with much joy I received Amanda's email about her virgin ride on her new bike... News that her back is on the mend and she's getting back in the saddle is fabulous - read and enjoy and hope to ride with ALL you happy bunnies soon again! :)

The Ride
Mingara to The Entrance and back

Riding distance
~ 18km
Bunny on board  - Amanda
Bike on road - Black Beauty

Well Black Beauty has been most patient waiting for her injured owner to feel confident enough (and get the go ahead from the physio) to go for a ride!

Today was the day and I must say I was jolly well looking forward to it. I bought Black Beauty about 3 weeks ago and pretty much injured my back the day before I picked her up. Listening to the words of my physio ‘ok you can go on a ride but only a flat one’ I decided to park at Mingara and ride to the bike track and then to The Entrance and back. It was a glorious morning, the sun was shining and there was a crisp breeze to keep me cool. I rode safely there and back and Black Beauty did me proud for her first ride – she socializes very well, doesn’t rear up at other riders and even picks up speed on the flat – something Gertrude didn’t do very well.

Black Beauty in her resplendent glory


Posing seductively...


So girls although I cannot ride long distances and up hills yet I am back on track for anyone who wants short flat rides!

Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Short, flat rides! Sounds great. Hope that your back is completely better soon and that you and Black Beauty will have lots of wonderful rides together.

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your leisure :)