December 6, 2009

Undulating hills to Terrigal

The Ride Stats
Time and date - 4th December 9:20am
Meeting place - Gosford Gallery
Distance covered - 16.2 km
Calories burnt - 620
Active riding time: 1 hour 40 min
Speed - Maximum: 47.6 km/hour Average: 16 km/hour
Hills - Many :)
Behaviour - Most angelic :D

Now... enjoy Amanda (seen the light) Dolly's serene account of our latest adventure:

Well I must say I awoke to the beautiful sounds of bats shrieking on their way home from their evening forage for fruit. What a wonderful bright and cheery morning it was going to be. I jumped out of bed full of the joys of spring, did the usual school run and met Annette at the gallery. Oh how delightful it was to see her smiling face cycling towards me – I could tell we were going to have an adventure.

We decided to do a shorter ride than normal (given the Christmas time constraints) and so we set off on a ‘shorty but a hilly’ as they say in the land of love. Our route took us along the wonderful nature strip down the Central Coast Highway where we heard birds twitter and cars glide past, past Karalta shops where a stray balloon hit me in the face (oh how we laughed at that one), up to the beginning of Terrigal Drive where we saw THE MOST BUFF MAN on the planet. In awe, Annette and I stared in amazement and decided he was one scary cyclist (who I may add did not even have a helmut on – not advisable for us law-abiding bunnies) – we debated asking him to be our cycling bodyguard but decided he was way too scary!!!!!

Along the beautiful undulating hills of Terrigal Drive with nothing but anticipation in our bones, I made it to the top without stopping and indeed followed my positive bunny with her infectious smile with great delight. We then turned along Serpentine Road and stopped for a giggle before we headed back down The Entrance Road. This is quite a delicious ride along here as one can certainly pick up lots of speed. Then along the back of Springfield where I made it up two hills that I had previously walked up so I must be improving – I was still way behind my wonderful leader but the inspiration emanating from her very bones left me with nothing but praise.

Cruising the Entrance road


Then on the home straight towards the gallery where we plonked down our beautiful bums and had a delicious cup of coffee, made by very friendly staff with love.

Bunny on dubious day release

Annette had zinc all over her face and kept pulling insane faces (she actually was on day release) unlike me in the Hunter where I was only play acting. We laughed our heads off for nigh on an hour and then I waved farewell to my positive leader who cycled off into the sun up Kariong Hill. Myself, I chose the easier option of driving home but next time I shall cycle from school.

Have a wonderful Christmas my great friends and fellow cyclists and may the love be with you
Amanda :)


And here's a short "off the record" view from Nettibunny's saddle:

It was indeed a most pleasurable ride, with undulating hills, a few hysterics along the way and absolutely wonderful weather to keep our spirits up the entire way.

The balloon incident was hilarious - attention attracting balloons strung up outside a shop near the Erina roundabout decided to go awol as Amanda cycled past; they veered off their predictable path and WHACK! caught Amanda fair and square on the head! This meant we were still in fits of laughter when we reached the intersection at the top of the hill and spotted Mr Beef on bike. "DID YOU SEE THAT???" (with dropped jaws et all), was all we could say as we doubled over yet again.

A bit of laughter goes a long way (as they say); as does breathing in the serene early summer air (which you will no doubt conclude has had a most interesting effect on bunny Amanda...). I did manage to capture a roadworks shot of her, complimenting her flouro vest. This is also where we dreamt up the look of her soon to be bunny-on-vest logo; I won't spoil it by telling you just yet - but promise it will be a hoot!

Road worker bunny

In true fashionista-bunny style, Amanda declined parking our beautiful sweaty bums at Body-Fuel in East Gosford (chic café alert); "helmet hair - no can do baby!" and so we rode back to the safe haven of the tucked away café at the gallery.

Bikes and bunnies at the end

I'm already looking forward to riding again, and want to thank all of you delightful bunnies for the past year of adventurous riding!

Annette :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment at your leisure :)